Table of Contents
What are the Error Bars
Error Bars are small lines with calculated up-and-down deviation intervals from a chart point. They may be added to single-series vertical Bar, Scatter, Line, or Area charts. You may hide the lower or upper bars.
Calculated formula for the Error Bars can be selected as:
- Percentage (by default) – 10% of each value.
- Standard Error – 1 of each value.
- Standard Deviation – 1 of each value.
Steps to Add Error Bars to a Chart
Start Visual Xtractor or Data Xtractor. Connect to a database. Create or design a SQL query. Run the query and check the results.
- Display and enable the Chart query builder.
- Make a single-series vertical Bar, Scatter, Line or Area chart.
- Append an empty column with a Helper Charts – Error Line selection.
- Change the fixed calculated formula as Percentage, Standard Error or Deviation.
- Show just the upper or lower error bar levels.
Chart Demo Query with Error Bars
Look for the ready-to-use Error Bar Chart generated query under the Queries > Demo Queries > Charts > Bar Charts folder. Click on the “add demo queries” command link, if not there.
The Error Bar setting can be appended to and empty column to any other single-series vertical Bar, Scatter, Line or Area chart. Once you do this, you’ll see those special rotated H images right where the markers are, or are supposed to be when visible. You may show just the upper, lower or (by default) both levels.
Customize your Error Bars
- Select another calculated formula: Percent, Standard Error or Deviation.
- Show just the top error bars.
- Show or hide the markers. Change the default marker symbols.
- Adding Error Bars to a chart in Data Xtractor or Visual Xtractor is fast and intuitive: just append an empty column with Error Bars to a single-series Column or Cartesian chart
- Change the default Percentage calculated formula to Standard Deviation or Error.
- Hide the lower or upper bars.