Table of Contents
What is a Ring/Arc Chart
Ring Charts are variation in the style of some circular charts in which the doughnut becomes a thin ring. For Arc Charts, the semi-doughnut or other shape looking like an incomplete ring becomes a thin arc. You may be able to switch from Ring/Arc to regular and back with one single toolbar button click.
This style transformation may apply to the following chart types:
- Doughnut Charts and Gauges – for single and Nested Doughnuts, or Doughnut Gauges.
- Semi-Doughnut Charts and Solid Gauges – for single and Nested Semi-Doughnuts.
- Sunburst Charts – including the Sunburst Pies.
- Radial Heat Maps – of any kind.
- Radial Bar Charts – for single or Stacked Radial Bar Charts.
How to Switch to a Ring/Arc Chart
Here is a styled Nested Doughnut Chart:
You switch to the view below with the toolbar button Show as Ring or Arc, that’s all.
Customize your Ring/Arc Chart
- Hide the data labels, if they get too close on this type of charts.
- Consider a default or Soft Edge drawing style, as Concave may not display properly.
- Switch to a semi-transparent ring background.
- Check it in 3D.
- Switching to a Ring or Arc chart in Data Xtractor or Visual Xtractor is possible with one click of a button.
- Showing your circular shapes as rings or arcs avoids so much clutter and distraction.