Table of Contents
What is a Semi-Doughnut Chart
Semi-Doughnut Charts show how much parts contribute to the whole. They look like doughnuts cut in half. Semi-Doughnut charts may be displayed with different drawing styles, in 3D, with exploded slices.
Our semi-doughnuts may appear in different combinations as it follows:
- Single-Series Semi-Doughnut Chart – typical 2D/3D semi-doughnut with slices.
- Nested Semi-Doughnut Chart – one within the other, with arc version possible.
- Multiple Semi-Doughnut Charts – nested semi-doughnuts split into smaller charts.
- Solid Gauge Chart – single-value representation with a two-slice semi-doughnut.
Steps to Create a Semi-Doughnut Chart
Start Visual Xtractor or Data Xtractor. Connect to a database. Create or design a SQL query. Run the query and check the results.
- Display and enable the Chart query builder.
- Select one or more numeric data columns as Pie Charts – Semi-Doughnut.
- Select a column as textual Label.
Semi-Doughnut Chart Demo Queries
Look for the ready-to-use Semi-Doughnut Chart generated query under the Queries > Demo Queries > Charts > Pie Charts folder. Click on the “add demo queries” command link, if not there.
Other doughnut-related demo queries:
- Nested Semi-Doughnut Chart
- Semi-Doughnut Gauge
Generated demo queries must work for any database, with no restriction. They use constant values generated on-the-fly and your database SQL engine, but do not depend on data from your tables, and never alter your database in any way.
Customize your Semi-Doughnut Chart
- Change the pie drawing style (to Soft Edge or Concave).
- Make it semi-transparent.
- Explode all slices (or just some of them).
- Show data labels as percent values.
- Hide some slices through the legend items.
- Switch to 3D.
- Nested semi-doughnuts can be split into separate smaller single-series charts.
- Single or multiple semi-doughnuts may also appear as thin arcs.
- Creating Semi-Doughnut Charts in Data Xtractor or Visual Xtractor is fast and trivial: set one or more numeric columns as Semi-Doughnut, and one textual column as Label.
- All builtin powerful features of these chart type are common to most other charts: filtering series through the legend items, interactivity, monochrome or grayscale colors, rich axis and data label selections etc.
- Switch to another builtin chart theme, or customize your own, for any possible color or other styles.