What are Checkboxes
Checkboxes are a convenient simple way to graphically represent a boolean True or False condition. Unlike their related checkbox controls, they are not interactive: they show just one type of static image on True, and another on False.
We have three pairs of checkboxes:
- Simple Checkboxes – monochrome images like most controls, with inner V for True.
- Validation Checkboxes – red X or green V for True images.
- Checked Checkboxes – just a black V image for True.
Steps to Create a Checkbox
Start Visual Xtractor or Data Xtractor. Connect to a database. Create or design a SQL query. Run the query and check the results.
- Display and enable the Inline Chart query builder.
- Set one boolean, string or numeric data column as Checkboxes – Simple Checkboxes, Validation Checkboxes or Checked Checkboxes.
- True is also a case-insensitive “true” string value, or a strict positive number.
Checkboxes Demo Query
Look for the ready-to-use Checkboxes generated query under the Queries > Demo Queries > Inline Charts > Images folder. Click on the “add demo queries” command link, if not there.
Hide the text in all inline charts to get the view below:
- Creating Checkbox images in Data Xtractor or Visual Xtractor is fast and easy: set a boolean, text or numeric column as one of the Simple/Validation/Checked Checkboxes settings, to display checkbox images with the text or instead.
- True is also a case-insensitive “true” text, or a strict positive number.
- The icons will appear either in front of the text or in the middle of the cell.
- No image is displayed for a NULL value.