How to Create an Inline Dumbbell Chart
Table of Contents
What is an Inline Dumbbell Chart
Inline dumbbells are modern horizontal lines, with bullet markers at both ends, used to represent numeric intervals. They are modern Range charts.
Inline Dumbbell Bars use two other numeric columns to show small thin lollipop bars starting at the lower value and ending at the greater value with bullets. Text can be hidden by a toolbar button switch, or automatically when there is not enough room in the cell to show it.
Steps to Create an Inline Dumbbell Chart
Start Visual Xtractor or Data Xtractor. Connect to a database. Create or design a SQL query. Run the query and check the results.
- Display and enable the Inline Chart query builder.
- From any data column, select either Inline Range Bars – Dumbbell Bar.
- A new empty added column with the setting may appear.
- In the Edit Inline Chart Series popup, specify two other columns or constant values.
Inline Dumbbell Bars Demo Query
Look for the ready-to-use Dumbbell Bars generated query under the Queries > Demo Queries > Inline Charts > Horizontal Bars folder. Click on the “add demo queries” command link, if not there.
Dumbbells uses from-to numeric values, specified in the Edit Inline Chart Series popup. As that’s a multi-value based chart, you cannot assign it directly to an existing column data, but to an empty column, which may be generated if you selected it elsewhere.
Customize your Inline Dumbbell Chart
- Show no text.
- Show as black-and-white, with no colors.
- Change the inline chart theme.
- Creating Inline Dumbbell Charts in Data Xtractor or Visual Xtractor is fast and simple: select a Dumbbell Bar chart type, then specify two numeric columns it is based on.
- Switch to another builtin inline chart theme, or customize your own, for any possible color or other styles.