How to Create an Inline Range Bar Chart
Table of Contents
What is an Inline Range Bar Chart
Inline Range Bars use two other numeric or datetime columns to show small horizontal bars starting at the lower value and ending at the greater value. Text can be hidden by a toolbar button switch, or automatically when there is not enough room in the cell to show it.
Steps to Create an Inline Range Bar Chart
Start Visual Xtractor or Data Xtractor. Connect to a database. Create or design a SQL query. Run the query and check the results.
- Display and enable the Inline Chart query builder.
- From any data column, select either Inline Range Bars – Range Bar.
- A new empty added column with the setting may appear.
- In the Edit Inline Chart Series popup, specify two other columns or constant values.
Inline Range Bars Demo Query
Look for the ready-to-use Range Bars generated query under the Queries > Demo Queries > Inline Charts > Horizontal Bars folder. Click on the “add demo queries” command link, if not there.
Interval uses date values from StartDate and EndDate, specified in the Edit Inline Chart Series popup. As that’s a multi-value based chart, you cannot assign it directly to an existing column data, but to an empty column, which may be generated if you selected it elsewhere.
Customize your Inline Range Bar Chart
- Show no text.
- Show plain colors, with no gradient background.
- Show as thin lollipop sticks.
- Show as black-and-white, with no colors.
- Creating Inline Range Bar Charts in Data Xtractor or Visual Xtractor is fast and simple: select a Range Bar chart type, then specify the two numeric or datetime columns it’s based on.
- Bars may also appear as thin lollipop sticks.
- Most powerful builtin features of this chart type are common to other inline charts: hiding the text or colors, or the gradient background.
- Switch to another builtin inline chart theme, or customize your own, for any possible color or other styles.