Table of Contents
These are customizable queries used by and/or generated for the end-user, for particular use cases.
- Custom Query – most generic query type, that you may create empty (value-based) or with tables, views and other subqueries.
- Cloned Query – duplicate customizable query. Clone any read-only system query to be able to change it.
- Parameterized Query – query with @paramXXX parameters.
- Nested Query – separate query used as subquery in another query.
- Demo Query – automatically generated query, under Queries/Demo Queries folder, generic (for any platform), not based on any database-sppecific table or view.
These queries use specific SQL features.
- Skip-and-Keep Query – query using Skip and Keep values to slice the result: Skip first n records, then Keep up to m.
- Inline Subquery – simple independent subquery generated inside a saved query, with no separate identity or definition.
- Aggregate/Grouping Query – generic query using at least one Group By field in Groups. Drill-down to its special All Aggregates tab to instantly discover all aggregates for that row.
- Pivot/Crosstab Query – emulated or native grouping query, in which one Group By column’s values have been pivoted as additional column headers.
- Grouping Sets Query – emulated or native grouping query, extending its Group By clause by GROUPING SETS, CUBE or ROLLUP.
- Total Rows Query – quick SELECT COUNT(*) aggregate query for a table, view or subquery.
- Total Aggregates Query – quick query Group By a column, with Count aggregates for all other table fields.
- Total Duplicates Query – quick query Group By a column, with Count of duplicate values in that field.
- Random Row Query – query returning the same rows, but in a different order, each time it is executed.
- Sequence Generator Query – query returning dynamic rows with n to m integers.
Parameterized system queries are transparently created and used by the application for tables, relationships, objects, aggregates drill-down or hierarchical representations. They are frequently hidden, unique and/or read-only. Persistent or virtual instances are sometimes created for these parameterized queries.
- Table-Based Queries – read-only system query, one per table or view. When you query directly a table or view, we generate and use this underlying hidden query, that you can however clone and customize. In Admin mode, they are saved under the Queries/Table-Based Queries folder.
- Object Queries and Instances (Bookmarks) – parameterized hidden system query, one per table, created first time you save a bookmark from that table. In Admin mode, they are saved under the Queries/Object Queries folder. Related object instances (or bookmarks), are saved under the Bookmarks folder.
- Relationship Queries and Instances – parameterized hidden system query, one per relationship. In Admin mode, they are saved under the Queries/Relationship Queries folder. Related relationship instances are not persistent and appear under the Bookmarks/Relationship Instances folder.
- Group Queries and Instances – parameterized hidden query, generated for any group aggregate query, when you drill-down to an All Aggregates tab. In Admin mode, they are saved under the Queries/Group Queries folder. Related group instances are not persistent and appear under the Bookmarks/Group Instances folder.